Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2017/06/30 18:35:51 UTC

RE: Inquiry about using cTakes with sql [EXTERNAL]

Hi Raga,

The topic of grabbing data from a db has come up several times within the last six months or so.  There are some classes in ctakes-core cr/ that deal with databases, but they are not documented and do require configuration for site-specific schema.

Is anybody out there familiar with them enough to write up a wiki page?

Thanks,
Sean

Posted by "Mullane, Sean *HS" <SP...@hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu>.
I don't know about using only ctakes-core, but FWIW I have had success with using the YTEX classes to read from and write to a database. We are using MSSQL but from what I have seen I expect MySQL to work as well.

Sean