Posted to notifications@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com> on 2014/04/16 16:04:36 UTC

[jclouds-examples] Updating the examples after the 1.7.2 release (#43)

Also aligning POMs
You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples 1.7.2-release

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/43

-- Commit Summary --

  * Updating the examples after the 1.7.2 release

-- File Changes --

    M blobstore-basics/pom.xml (6)
    M blobstore-largeblob/pom.xml (6)
    M chef-basics/pom.xml (4)
    M compute-basics/pom.xml (11)
    M pom.xml (6)
    M rackspace/pom.xml (11)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/43.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/43.diff

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/43

Re: [jclouds-examples] Updating the examples after the 1.7.2 release (#43)

Posted by Everett Toews <no...@github.com>.
>    </parent>
>    <groupId>org.apache.jclouds.examples</groupId>
>    <artifactId>jclouds-examples</artifactId>
> -  <version>1.7.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
> +  <version>1.7.3-SNAPSHOT</version>

Is the versioning scheme for the examples themselves important?

I would be fine leaving them at "1.0" just so they never have to be touched again. You're right in that it's the `<jclouds.version>` that's the only important version. It clearly indicates what version of jclouds the example is known to work with.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/43/files#r11688071

Re: [jclouds-examples] Updating the examples after the 1.7.2 release (#43)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
@everett-toews @andrewgaul Would you be OK with merging this PR as-is to get the release rounded off, and then potentially deciding on changing the versioning scheme in a different PR?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/43#issuecomment-40707339

Re: [jclouds-examples] Updating the examples after the 1.7.2 release (#43)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
>    </parent>
>    <groupId>org.apache.jclouds.examples</groupId>
>    <artifactId>jclouds-examples</artifactId>
> -  <version>1.7.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
> +  <version>1.7.3-SNAPSHOT</version>

Agreed that only jclouds.version really matters, although bumping version during the release process feels more consistent.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/43/files#r11693807

Re: [jclouds-examples] Updating the examples after the 1.7.2 release (#43)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
Closed #43.

---

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
:+1: either way.  Slightly prefer consistent versioning across repos and could be useful if we ever publish examples, e.g., as a source artifact.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/43#issuecomment-40718659

Re: [jclouds-examples] Updating the examples after the 1.7.2 release (#43)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
Committed to [master](https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=jclouds-examples.git;a=commit;h=300d46022632ddcb4c6682f523760e53319314d1)

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/43#issuecomment-40722874

Re: [jclouds-examples] Updating the examples after the 1.7.2 release (#43)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
>    </parent>
>    <groupId>org.apache.jclouds.examples</groupId>
>    <artifactId>jclouds-examples</artifactId>
> -  <version>1.7.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
> +  <version>1.7.3-SNAPSHOT</version>

Looks like we're currently tied for "leaving at 1.0" vs. "bumping per release" ;-) Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/43/files#r11695984

Re: [jclouds-examples] Updating the examples after the 1.7.2 release (#43)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
>    </parent>
>    <groupId>org.apache.jclouds.examples</groupId>
>    <artifactId>jclouds-examples</artifactId>
> -  <version>1.7.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
> +  <version>1.7.3-SNAPSHOT</version>

Do we know _why_ we are versioning the examples to follow the main project, by the way? `<jclouds.version>` would seem to be the key linking property. Would it make sense to have a different verisoning scheme for the examples?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/43/files#r11685202