Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Dedy Marcus FANG <De...@LarkSuite.com> on 2022/03/05 03:13:54 UTC

Inquiry and Request for Guidance

Hi Apache Organization Team, Firstly i would like to say you and your open source developers have done an awesome job in the contribution to the community. I would like to make a few inquiries and see

Re: Inquiry and Request for Guidance

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

For some reason the previous message in this thread was truncated
between the moderation queue and here, here's the missing part:

>I would like to make a few inquiries and seek your guidance:
>- how may i propose a/some new projects for the developers to consider in building?
>- we would like to make contribution if the above request materializes, how do we contribute to a specific project especially to the team involved?

> Thank you, look forward to hear from you soon.

and here's my reply:

New projects come to the ASF via our Incubator -
https://incubator.apache.org/cookbook/ is a good starting point to
understand how that works.

To contribute to a specific project (the ASF has about 300 of them)
see that project's page, we have a list at
https://www.apache.org/index.html#projects-list

-Bertrand