Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Chris Yocum <cy...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/26 14:37:49 UTC

Middle Irish and NLP

Hello Everyone,

I am working with a student at my university on using NLP techniques in
document categorisation in late Middle Irish.  I am a coder and I know
Java so that won't be a problem.  We are building a corpus at the moment.

We are working on a specific author and what we would like to do is see
if a particular poem/text is his or not based on NLP.  What I was
thinking is we would need a few things:

1) a corpus of Middle Irish texts of the same general linguistic range
(we are working on that at the moment).  Is there any
documentation/knowledge on how to create this (or is this just training
the POS tagger)?

2) Train a model

3) pass that model to the document categoriser with the relevant model
and what kinds of categories there are (his, not his, and unsure).

A few other miscellaneous questions: will we need to put part of speech
tags in the corpus to create the model?

Thanks in advance!,
Chris Yocum

Re: Middle Irish and NLP

Posted by Chris Yocum <cy...@gmail.com>.
Fantastic! Thanks for the info!

Chris

Re: Middle Irish and NLP

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
On 9/26/11 4:02 PM, Jason Baldridge wrote:
> Yes, though I thought some things didn't make it. I could be misremembering.

As far as I know that are only things which changed anyway, e.g. how to
build, how to download, etc.
The only bigger thing which was not moved is the tutorial about CONLL06
because we then implemented
our own parsers and the detokenizer based on this tutorial. But then
never rewrote the instructions on how
to use this new tools. We also added new documentation to the docbook only.

Jörn

Re: Middle Irish and NLP

Posted by Jason Baldridge <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Middle Irish and NLP