Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Fernando Padilla <fe...@alum.mit.edu> on 2007/09/21 01:14:27 UTC

[T5] overriding PageRenderSupport

:)

I am trying to do the following in my AppModule, but it doesn't work.  I
want to essentially remove the old "PageRenderSupport" entry in the
PageRenderInitializer configuration, and add my own.  But I never see my
objects being created ( i put logging within them..  How that I
accomplish what I want to accomplish??  (on an aside, I would love to
make the render pipeline dependent on the content-type!)

public void contributePageRenderInitializer(
OrderedConfiguration<PageRenderCommand> configuration, final
SymbolSource symbolSource, final AssetSource assetSource ) {
		configuration.add( "JsonPageRenderSupport", new PageRenderCommand() {
			public void setup( Environment environment ) {
				DocumentScriptBuilder builder = new FbmlDocumentScriptBuilderImpl();
				environment.push( DocumentScriptBuilder.class, builder );
				environment.push( PageRenderSupport.class, new
FbmlPageRenderSupportImpl( builder, symbolSource, assetSource ) );
			}

			public void cleanup( Environment environment ) {
				environment.pop( PageRenderSupport.class );
				Document document = environment.peek( Document.class );
				DocumentScriptBuilder builder = environment.pop(
DocumentScriptBuilder.class );
				builder.updateDocument( document );
			}
		} );
	}

Re: [T5] overriding PageRenderSupport

Posted by Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp>.
I haven't got time to investigate this, but did you look into
Alias and AliasOverrides?

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/guide/alias.html

Cheers,
Nick.