Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by sh...@e-z.net on 2014/08/13 05:32:07 UTC

[REPORT] Xalan - August 2014

[REPORT] Xalan

PURPOSE

The Apache Xalan Project develops and maintains libraries and programs
that transform XML documents using XSLT standard stylesheets. Our
subprojects use the Java and C++ programing languages to implement the
XSLT libraries.

RELEASES

- Xalan Java (2.7.2) 23-Apr-2014
- Xalan C/C++ (1.11) 29-Oct-2012

COMMUNITY ACTIVITY

Xalan is a mature project with little development activity.  We are tying
to encourage previous committers to participate in maintenance efforts.

The Oregon State University senior student projects have been completed.
Steven Hathaway was one of the mentors. Jan Iversen was the other mentor.

The development email has little volume.  The Xalan library still has a
significant presence in commercial software products.

Discussion continues on how to implement the newer XSLT and XPath standards.

Our PMC is planning to have a representative at ApacheCon EU 2014.

NEW COMMITTERS

We have a new committer, Samuel, who is willing to become an active PMC
member.
He has made significant contributions to both of the Xalan subprojects.

ISSUES

There are no issues that need board attention at this time.