Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Igor Semenko <Ig...@kyiv.vdiweb.com> on 2005/12/22 17:46:42 UTC

Creating war/ear directly from path

Hi, all.

In our build file we use path definition like this:
<path id="ear.libs">

    <fileset dir="${lib.dir}">

      <include name="asm/jars/*.jar" />

    </fileset>

</path>

When building ear file we copy all those files into temp dir using flattenmapper:

  <copy todir="temp_libs">

    <mapper type="flatten" />

    <fileset refid="ear.libs" />

  </copy>

And then create ear including files from temp_lib dirs:

<ear ..>

    <fileset dir="temp_libs">

      <include name="*.jar" />

    </fileset>

</ear>

Is it possible to somehow skip copying jar files into temp directory and include them into ear directly based on path declared earlier?

Thanks.

Igor Semenko
Senior Java Developer
Vested Development Inc.
+38 (044) 496-77-20
ICQ: 105700076

mailto: IgorSe@kiev.vdiweb.com
http://www.vdiweb.com <http://www.vdiweb.com>

Re: Creating war/ear directly from path

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Igor Semenko wrote:
> Hi, all.
>

> In our build file we use path definition like this:
> <path id="ear.libs">
>
>     <fileset dir="${lib.dir}">
>
>       <include name="asm/jars/*.jar" />
>
>     </fileset>
>
> </path>
>

> When building ear file we copy all those files into temp dir using flattenmapper:
>
>   <copy todir="temp_libs">
>
>     <mapper type="flatten" />
>
>     <fileset refid="ear.libs" />
>
>   </copy>
>

> And then create ear including files from temp_lib dirs:
>
> <ear ..>
>
>     <fileset dir="temp_libs">
>
>       <include name="*.jar" />
>
>     </fileset>
>
> </ear>
>

> Is it possible to somehow skip copying jar files into temp directory and include them into ear directly based on path declared earlier?

No. Its been discussed, having <lib> or other filesets do mapping
internally. But I just copy them into a dir. Which has some benefits; if
you are signing your jars its a place to sign them without touching the
originals, and you can see exactly what goes in there, so catching
copies of servlet.jar that shouldnt be there.