Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Ferdy Galema <fe...@kalooga.com> on 2012/05/29 11:45:21 UTC

stackoverflow / stackexchange for user problems

Hi,

Is there any experience with using stackoverflow or stackexchange for
solving user problems? Such a system might come in handy for frequently
asked questions. Note that users already tend to post questions to
stackoverflow about Nutch:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/nutch

What about a dedicated stackexchange, something like 'web crawling'?

Ferdy.

Re: stackoverflow / stackexchange for user problems

Posted by Ferdy Galema <fe...@kalooga.com>.
Hi,

Sure no problem I was just polling some opinions and past experiences.
We'll have to see what works out best.

Thanks.

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ferdy,

In all honesty I've never used Stackoverflow for anything other than
general searching for problems outside of the Nutch archives e.g.
search results included within Google hits.

I don't know too much about it. I think the main problem here is that
people are generally either ignorant of, or ignorant towards the user
and dev lists. That#'s why (from time to time) we see the same dribble
coming up  e.g. whats the difference between nutch-site and
nutch-default (slowly pulling my hair out and ripping my eyeballs out
as I'm writing this!!!)

Having said this, if you think it would be a good idea, fire away by all means.

Lewis

--
Lewis