Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Rupert St John Webster <ru...@impress-solutions.com> on 2020/10/20 09:25:08 UTC

Writing PDX object array into PDX instance object

Hi,

We are using Geode Native Client. I have a requirement for FX forward instruments with multiple legs. Per this question

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/64429843/how-to-use-apache-geode-type-registry-to-write-arrays-of-domain-objects

I have setup a simple Leg class implementing PDX and I seek to write an array of Legs as class objects, in their own PDX wrapper, into the Geode region for quote requests, quotes, deals, etc.

The array of Legs is constantly failing to be written with errors like:

Could not create an instance of a class Leg (through reference chain: org.apache.geode.pdx.internal.PdxInstanceImpl[0]->org.apache.geode.pdx.internal.PdxInstanceImpl["object"])

It’s the same with or without trying to register the Leg type in the cache via TypeRegistry, and whether each Leg is made into a PDX type before being put into an array, rather than just an array of the domain objects.

Can someone please take a quick look and let me know what am I missing please? ☺

Thanks, kind regards,

Rupert St John Webster
Engineering

[ISL_logo-V2]

[cid:image002.png@01D5C228.27844D40]<http://www.facebook.com/ImpressSolutions> [Description: Description: Description: http://www.impress-solutions.com/emailsig/twitter_scaled.png] <http://www.twitter.com/ImpressUK>  [Description: Description: Description: http://www.impress-solutions.com/emailsig/LinkedIn_scaled.png] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/impress-solutions>

Tel: 01708 759 760
Fax: 01708 759 761
Email:  rupert@impress-solutions.com<ma...@impress-solutions.com>
Website: www.impress-solutions.co.uk
Head Office address: 3 Holgate Court, 4-10 Western Road, Romford, Essex, RM1 3JS
City address: City Point,  1 Ropemaker Street,  17th Floor, Moorgate, London, EC2Y 9HT

[BSI-Assurance-Mark-ISO-9001-2015-KEYB]

ISO 9001 Certified by BSI Group. Certificate Number: FS 653755

Please Note:
This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any miss-transmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Impress Solutions Ltd and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of any such entity.