Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Jeremy Mitchell <mi...@apache.org> on 2021/02/02 18:09:52 UTC

Next TC version

Now that TC 5.0 is official (thanks Brennan for seeing that thru as the 5.0
release manager), we should think about our next TC release. Here are some
larger things in the works:

1. Perl removal
2. API 1.x removal
3. API 2.x deprecation
4. API 4.x addition
5. Go modules

Those items make this feel like a larger release (6.0) is warranted rather
than a minor upgrade (5.1).

However, there might be some value in cutting 5.1 ASAP (before those 5
things are merged) to pick up some topology improvements / bug fixes as you
can see here:
https://github.com/apache/trafficcontrol/compare/5.0.x...master

thoughts?

Jeremy

Re: Next TC version

Posted by ocket 8888 <oc...@gmail.com>.
Alright, I'll start working on an RC0 for 5.1.0. I'm also going to change
the milestone deadline for 5.1 to two weeks from now, which is mostly
meaningless but is just sort of a personal goal for myself.

Re: Next TC version

Posted by Rawlin Peters <ra...@apache.org>.

Re: Next TC version

Posted by Jeremy Mitchell <mi...@gmail.com>.