Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Richárd Antal <ri...@apache.org> on 2022/10/13 12:30:50 UTC

[VOTE] Release of phoenixdb 1.2.1 RC1

Hello Everyone,

This is a call for a vote on PhoenixDB 1.2.1 RC1.

PhoenixDB is native Python driver for accessing Phoenix via Phoenix Query
Server.

This version contains the following improvements compared to the previous
1.2.0 release

- Defined authentication mechanism for SPNEGO explicitly (PHOENIX-6781)
- Fixed failing docker build because of missing files (PHOENIX-6801)
- Fixed make_rc.sh script on mac (PHOENIX-6803)
- Re-added phoenixdb requirements (PHOENIX-6811)
- Fixed flaky tests

The source release consists of the contents of the python-phoenixdb
directory of the phoenix-queryserver repository.

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/python-phoenixdb-1.2.1.rc1/src/

Artifacts are signed with my (Richard Antal) "CODE SIGNING KEY":
7813862A85AFBBB4FE71CC95E7B87AA3FFA8EDAD

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/phoenix/KEYS

The hash and tag to be voted upon:

https://github.com/apache/phoenix-queryserver/tree/1c6842a78b9b65be72d02780ac2c8221178a5713

https://github.com/apache/phoenix-queryserver/tree/python-phoenixdb-1.2.1.rc1

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Please vote:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
Richard

Re: [VOTE] Release of phoenixdb 1.2.1 RC1

Posted by Istvan Toth <st...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

- Signature OK
- Checksum OK
- NEWS file OK
- Local build OK (see note below)
- Docker based tests OK

The *Installation* section in the README doesn't mention the *pip install
-r requirements.txt* step, but it never did, so there is no reason to
further delay the release because of that.
Opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-6812 to track it for
later releases.

Thanks
Istvan

Posted by Richárd Antal <ri...@apache.org>.
The vote has passed with three +1, and no other votes.

Thank you for voting Istvan, Viraj and Rajeshbabu.

I will finish the release process in the next few days.

Best Regards
Richard

rajeshbabu@apache.org <ch...@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2022.
okt. 20., Cs, 9:56):