Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/02/07 04:59:46 UTC

[VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

Folks,

I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.0.3-alpha that I would like to release.

This release contains several major enhancements such as QJM for HDFS HA, multi-resource scheduling for YARN, YARN ResourceManager restart etc.
Also YARN has achieved significant stability at scale (more details from Y! folks here: http://s.apache.org/VYO).

The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.0.3-alpha-rc0/
The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.3-alpha-rc0/

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.

thanks,
Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

Posted by Siddharth Seth <se...@gmail.com>.
+1.
Verified checksums and signature.
Built from source and deployed on a multi node cluster. Verified with
several MR examples.

- Sid

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- Verified checksums and signatures on src and binary tarballs
- Built from source
- Deployed pseudo-distributed cluster and ran some example jobs

Jason

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Downloaded src and binaries.
Built from sources on CentOS 6.3
Ran dfsio, slive, examples, terasort.
Tried gridmix, but it failed with some NPEs.
Built HBase 0.94 with Hadoop 2.0.3
Ran HBase shell commands.
Recompiled and ran different loads of YCSB.
Checked documentation and the release notes.

Thanks,
--Konst

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding) Built from source on Ubuntu and ran a couple different
jobs under the fair scheduler.

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Siddharth Seth <se...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Built from source including native
Ran some example jobs.

Jon

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
With 18 +1s (8 binding) and no -1s the vote passes.

Thanks to all who verified and voted on the release.

I'll get the bits out within the next couple of days.

thanks,
Arun

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@gmail.com>.
I do see that the commons-daemon dependency is still at 1.0.3. This
particular version has a busted group id (POM says "org.apache.commons"
when the maven coordinates say "commons-daemon"), and it causes havoc with
some builds when this dependency is included.

Could you please update the commons-daemon dependency so we can have clean
builds? Is it too late to include in 2.0.3? It would be so nice to see it
there. Would you need a JIRA for this?

Thanks,
Sangjin

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by lohit <lo...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Have a Nice Day!
Lohit

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

Posted by lohit <lo...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Have a Nice Day!
Lohit

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

Posted by lohit <lo...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Have a Nice Day!
Lohit

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

Posted by lohit <lo...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Have a Nice Day!
Lohit

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by "Aaron T. Myers" <at...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by "Aaron T. Myers" <at...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by "Aaron T. Myers" <at...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by "Aaron T. Myers" <at...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Siddharth Seth <se...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Downloaded ( verified checksums ) and built from source, deployed and successfully ran both MR and distributed shell examples.

-- Hitesh

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 non-binding

I downloaded hadoop-2.0.3-alpha.tar.gz and verified the checksum and
signature.  I deployed to a set of Ubuntu VMs: NN, RM, 2*DN/NM, and 2NN.  I
tested a few HDFS operations and MapReduce jobs.  I verified that the 2NN
could complete a checkpoint.

Thank you,
--Chris

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 non-binding

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 non-binding

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 non-binding

Posted by Jitendra Pandey <ji...@hortonworks.com>.
Downloaded, verified checksums, installed and did basic verification.

+1 (binding)

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
+1. Downloaded SRC, verified MD5 and signature, did a full build,
configured, started up HDFS, YARN, HTTPS, run a a couple of example MR
jobs, tested HTTPS access to HDFS.

Thanks for driving this release Arun.

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Verified checksums. Built from source, deployed and ran a couple of jobs.

Kihwal

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.