Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/07 20:53:52 UTC

Fwd: OpenMeetings status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "March2012" by SebastianWagner)

@Alexei I can remember it was your question about having a demo server @
Apache

Posted by Tony Stevenson <pc...@apache.org>.
Alexei Fedotov wrote on Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 10:23:32AM +0400:
> Jukka,
> I believe there are use cases for real time communication. For
> example, GSoC is coming, and one of requirements for student/mentor
> pair is to have a Skype interview. Why not to replace it with Apache
> Openmetings interview?
>
> Infra folks,
> Do you think it makes sense to create Apache openmeetigns demo server,
> which can be used for real time communication?

To be honest, thats isnt for us to answer, what we will answer to is a request
for resources to run something on. However please note that just asking for a
'server' with no real specification of resources required, your request will
quite likely grind to a halt.  In other words the more information you can give
us the better chance you will have of actually getting what you ask for.

> How difficult would it be?

You tell us, we haven't deployed it before.  If we were to give you a 'server'
it would amonst certainly be either a Ubuntu VM, or an fBSD Jail. Both of
which are I/O restricted as the physical host is shared with others.

> Openmeetings could take advantage of good bandwidth.

So does skype.  :-)

--

Cheers,
Tony

---------------------------------------
Tony Stevenson

tony@pc-tony.com  //  pctony@apache.org
tony@caret.cam.ac.uk

http://blog.pc-tony.com

GPG - 1024D/51047D66
--------------------------------------"

Re: OpenMeetings status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "March2012" by SebastianWagner)

Posted by Tony Stevenson <pc...@apache.org>.

--

Cheers,
Tony

---------------------------------------

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Jukka,
I believe there are use cases for real time communication. For
example, GSoC is coming, and one of requirements for student/mentor
pair is to have a Skype interview. Why not to replace it with Apache
Openmetings interview?

Infra folks,
Do you think it makes sense to create Apache openmeetigns demo server,
which can be used for real time communication? How difficult would it
be? Openmeetings could take advantage of good bandwidth.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Jukka,