Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shawn Konopinsky <sk...@blueprint.org> on 2005/03/02 20:17:19 UTC

Escaping XML

In Axis 1.1 I had to manually escape any XML data sent at a string in the
body of the SOAP message. Why is it that now in Axis 1.2 I no longer need to
escape that data (seems to be handled)? Is this correct?

Best,
Shawn.

Keep Alive

Posted by Alex Chen <al...@sbcglobal.net>.
I am using Tomcat as my web server.  I am using AXIS for SOAP.  I notice
via ethereal that the are a lot of
port opening from the client side for the HTTP (SOAP) requests.  I would
like to keep the socket open
for the client.  I do not know which component is responsible for
closing the socket, Tomcat server or
AXIS server, or even the client side, and how to keep the socket open
and be reused by the same client.

Can anyone help?

RE: Escaping XML

Posted by Justin Echternach <ju...@hescorp.com>.
FYI ... I do not have to escape my xml string using 1.1.

------------------------------------
Harris Echternach Solutions Corporation
Justin Echternach
justin@hescorp.com
tel: 813-963-1076
fax: 813-963-0268
mobile: 813-205-7849

Then Axis should handle escaping both the input and output string.  You
don't have to worry about anything.  If it didn't work like that in 1.1,
I guess it was just a bug.  1.2 has the correct behavior.

Re: Escaping XML

Posted by Bill Keese <bi...@tech.beacon-it.co.jp>.