Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Adrian Nadeau <an...@evolvingsolutions.ca> on 2005/09/19 22:35:48 UTC

Switch where index is located?

Hello,

Newbie to Nutch... first would like to say great work on the development of
Nutch!  Was easy to get it up and running with Tomcat and Tutorial.  Quick
question regarding the Tutorial and where Index's are located for Nutch.  It
states at the end of the Tutorial:

"The webapp finds its indexes in ./segments, relative to where you start
Tomcat, so, if you've done intranet crawling, connect to your crawl
directory, or, if you've done whole-web crawling, don't change directories,
and give the command:

~/local/tomcat/bin/catalina.sh start"

We have this working fine for the Intranet Crawling... is there an easy way
to point to where the index is located when the search is being activated?
We currently start Tomcat from the bin directory and therefore have to have
the segments located under the bin folder for Tomcat which doesn't make
sense.  Hopefully we can simply put the index folders anywhere and point to
it somehow?  Any information would be great, thank you in advance.

Regards,

Adrian Nadeau
VP, Development
Evolving Solutions...Technology for changing
anadeau@evolvingsolutions.ca
www.evolvingsolutions.ca
506.633.2012

nutch-user mail archive

Posted by Gal Nitzan <gn...@usa.net>.
Hello,

To all of you who are looking for the list archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/nutch-user%40lucene.apache.org/mail5.html

Gal

RE: Switch where index is located?

Posted by Adrian Nadeau <an...@evolvingsolutions.ca>.
Thanks for the information... we also went the route of updating the
nutch-default.xml file and everything seems fine.  Thanks again!

> Newbie to Nutch... first would like to say great work on the development
of
> Nutch!  Was easy to get it up and running with Tomcat and Tutorial.  Quick
> question regarding the Tutorial and where Index's are located for Nutch.
It
> states at the end of the Tutorial:
>
> "The webapp finds its indexes in ./segments, relative to where you start
> Tomcat, so, if you've done intranet crawling, connect to your crawl
> directory, or, if you've done whole-web crawling, don't change
directories,
> and give the command:
>
> ~/local/tomcat/bin/catalina.sh start"
>
> We have this working fine for the Intranet Crawling... is there an easy
way
> to point to where the index is located when the search is being activated?
> We currently start Tomcat from the bin directory and therefore have to
have
> the segments located under the bin folder for Tomcat which doesn't make
> sense.  Hopefully we can simply put the index folders anywhere and point
> it somehow?  Any information would be great, thank you in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Adrian Nadeau
> VP, Development
> Evolving Solutions...Technology for changing
> anadeau@evolvingsolutions.ca
> www.evolvingsolutions.ca
> 506.633.2012
>

> .

Hi Adrian,

Here is a copy of the emails with the last person who asked the same :-) ...

Thank you gentlemen for the help.
I was able to set it in the xml file. I am running more than one search
from the same tomcat server, so the ability to set the location in the
xml file is very handy.

On 9/19/05, Yong-gang Cao <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > another simple way to follow:
> > 1.set CATALINA_HOME=tomcat dir (can set it through boot script,only
> > need to set once)
> > 2.enter the data dir(webdb dir, it's now your current dir)
> > 3.use CATALINDA_HOME/bin/startup.bat to start tomcat

delete
edit

.

Re: Switch where index is located?