Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Kim van der Riet <ki...@redhat.com> on 2015/10/20 16:35:43 UTC

[Proton - Python Binding] Add type support for all AMQP 1.0 types

The qpid-interop-test sub-project of Qpid performs interoperability
tests across various Qpid AMQP 1.0 clients. One part of the tests is to
send message bodies containing a well-known sequence of AMQP types and
values between clients using an AMQP 1.0 broker.

The current Python Binding for Proton, however, does not expose support
for several AMQP types (although the underlying support at Proton level
exists).  In order to use the Python client in qpid-interop-test, I have
had to add support for the following missing AMQP 1.0 types:

byte
short
int
ubyte
ushort
uint
float
decimal32
decimal64
decimal128

I am looking for reviewers to look over the diff and give feedback or a
thumbs-up so that these changes can be added to the master.  In
particular, I need to check that nothing here will break Python 3
compatibility.  The diff is available for review here:

https://reviews.apache.org/r/39479/

Thanks,
Kim