Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Israel Ekpo <is...@aicer.org> on 2013/05/01 13:58:57 UTC

Project Clean Up

Flumologists,

I wanted to get some feedback from others before proceeding with this.

So, I recently opened a JIRA issue and submitted a patch that removes
unwanted imports from the project.

I was thinking about doing the same cleanup for unused variables/fields,
references to generic types that should be
parametized, unnecessary @SuppressWarning annotations etc.

I came into these warnings in the files as I was going around adding
javadocs and other documenation to the files.

Is this cleanup something that will be helpful?

If so then I can open another JIRA issue and upload patches for just the
clean up changes.

Re: Project Clean Up

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@aicer.org>.
Thanks for the additional information, Brock.

I will keep that in mind when creating the JIRA improvement issues.

I will be creating the JIRA issues soon and I will reply to this thread
with a list of affected modules and the files for each issue created.

This will give others an opportunity to submit feedback before any patches
are submitted.

Re: Project Clean Up

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Hey, this looks good to me!