Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Kee Hinckley <na...@somewhere.com> on 2001/03/25 19:22:08 UTC

Problem with automatically checking checkboxes in $row loops?

Re: Problem with automatically checking checkboxes in $row loops?

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> <form>
> </form>
>
> If I submit this form, $fdat{foo} will contain a tab-separated string
> of 'Y' and '' values.
> However when I do this, all the input fields will have a 'checked' in
> them.

It doesn't look for the first value, but for the value attribute. So the
following code works correctly:

now you get Y1, Y2 etc.

> (I do wish that $fdat{foo} were a reference to an array--but that's a
> separate issue)

Maybe that had been a good idea, but for historical it isn't, but you can
easily convert it:

@a = split (/\t/, $fdat{foo}) ;

Gerald