Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Brenden Rudnick <br...@commitent.com> on 2011/08/12 15:32:41 UTC

Problem with LDAP authenticator

I am having a problem using using the LdapSimpleAuthenticator.  Whenever I attempt to authenticate with a valid LDAP user, I get an UnknownUserException.  I have traced the problem to the isLdapUser boolean in the authenticate() method in LdapSimpleAuthenticator.  This boolean is initialized to "false", and subsequently never reset, such that the later if-statement check on isLdapUser always returns false, and an UnknownUserException is always thrown.  If I set this boolean to "true" once I successfully create an InitialLdapContext, then my error disappears.  My question is, is there some other way to fix this problem other than modifying jUDDI code?

Brenden Rudnick
Email:  brenden.rudnick@commitent.com
Cell:  843.513.3082