Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason Martens <jm...@cityofevanston.org> on 2005/12/05 20:42:34 UTC

[users@httpd] Unknown error message from mod_rewrite

Hey all,
    I'm having a problem with apache, and maybe mod_rewrite, where it
will work the first time I access a page, but then every subsequent
request for that url will fail until I close my browser and open it
again.  This is the error message I get from the apache error.log:

[Mon Dec 05 13:32:07 2005]
[debug] /home/adconrad/build/apache2/security/sarge/apache2-2.0.54/build-tree/apache2/modules/mappers/mod_rewrite.c(1788): [client 0.0.0.0] mod_rewrite's internal redirect status: 0/10., referer: http://example.com/Internal/phone_list/departments.asp

I've tried googleing the error message, but I just find some code
snippets and some (seemingly) unrelated problems.

Here are the relevant apache config statements:
<Location /Internal/phone_list/>
   Order deny,allow
   Deny from all
   allow from 10.
</Location>

ProxyPass /Internal/phone_list/       http://another.server/phone_list/

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Jason Martens

Re: [users@httpd] Unknown error message from mod_rewrite

Posted by Jason Martens <jm...@cityofevanston.org>.
On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 23:20 +0100, Christian Folini wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 01:42:34PM -0600, Jason Martens wrote:
> > Here are the relevant apache config statements:
> > <Location /Internal/phone_list/>
> >    Order deny,allow
> >    Deny from all
> >    allow from 10.
> > </Location>
> >
> > ProxyPass /Internal/phone_list/       http://another.server/phone_list/
>
> Have you tried to add a ProxyPassReverse statement? Redirection issues
> a location header which is rewritten through the ProxyPassReverse
> statement. Not sure it solves your problem, as your error message sure
> is cryptic...

I tried adding this, but it didn't change anything.

> Christian
>
> P.S. A good rule of thumb is to use symetric paths in proxying.
> This means to do
> /phone_list -> /phone_list
> While you do
> /phone_list -> /Internal/phone_list
>
> I do not think it affects you here, but it makes life easier.

Just in case, I tried changing the path on the remote server, and I'm
still having the same problem. :(

Thanks for the suggestions.

Posted by Christian Folini <ch...@netnea.com>.