Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Brad Kain <jb...@quoininc.com> on 2005/10/06 21:51:07 UTC

Apache Coccon developer in Boston, MA US

Quoin is an application development and system integration company that
specializes in software development using J2EE, Web Services, and
Internet technologies. We offer challenging opportunities for technology
professionals who thrive in a collaborative and team-oriented
environment. Quoin is an established consulting firm with a decade of
success for Fortune 1000 and other clients. We provide innovative
technology solutions for complex IT problems in online publishing,
e-commerce, and Information Systems. Our professional staff has
extensive experience in all phases of the development lifecycle -
planning, requirements, analysis and design, implementation, testing and
integration. These phases are managed using a proven methodology that
leads to successful development of software solutions.

We currently have several opportunities for dedicated and talented
professionals. All positions require a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
If your background and skills match a position, please send a cover
letter and resume to: brad.kain@quoininc.com. All positions require
full-time employment. A qualified candidate must be eligible to work in
the United States. No third party responses, please.

Application Developer

The Application Developer works as a team member in the full-lifecycle
development of web-based applications. Participate on a team of 3 – 10
staff through conception, requirements, analysis and design,
construction, testing, and deployment. Work corroboratively with the
managing partner and client stakeholders. A successful candidate will
have strong experience in the design and implementation of web-based
systems using XML, Java, Apache Cocoon, XHTML, and CSS.

Required Skills

--  2+ years experience in application development using Java or other
object-oriented language
--  Practical experience in the development of web-based systems using
XML, XHTML, Java or XSLT, and CSS
--  Practical experience in Apache Cocoon
--  Experience or motivation to work on teams using agile practices,
particularly continuous integration and automated testing techniques.

Additional Skills

--  Practical knowledge of J2EE or .Net technologies
--  Practical knowledge of content management or online publishing systems

Responsibilities

--  Design, code, and test application components
--  Work effectively on project teams using agile development practices
--  Acquire new design and implementation skills
--  Participate in design and code reviews and ensure the quality of all
project deliverables

Please reply to: brad.kain@quoininc.com