Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Peter Davey <pe...@prophecy-open.com.au> on 2001/06/19 09:38:50 UTC

Deploying Struts into J2EE RI

I have a Struts application (1.0beta3) that I'm trying to deploy into a
J2EE reference implementation (J2EE1.3beta2).

I've tried a few ways now to get the struts.jar into the right piece of the
chain.
Something is still wrong though, because the first JSP compile throws:

org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException:
E:\j2ee1.3\public_html\logset_menu.jsp(3,0) Unable to load class
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.HtmlTag
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagBeginGenerator.init(TagBeginGenerator.java:139)

That's after a few lines in the catalina log like:

StandardWrapper[/:default]: Loading container servlet default
default: init
action: init
action: Loading application resources from resource LogsetResources
action: Initializing configuration from resource path
/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml
action: Process servletName=action, urlPattern=*.do
action: Mapping for servlet 'action' = '*.do'
StandardWrapper[/:invoker]: Loading container servlet invoker
invoker: init
StandardWrapper[/:jsp]: Using Jasper classloader for servlet jsp
jsp: init
StandardWrapper[/:ssi]: Loading container servlet ssi
ssi: init
Could not load TagExtraInfo class org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.CookieTei:
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.CookieTei

If anyone has mastered the art of deploying Struts into J2EE, could they
share the secrets with me?

Thanks

--------------FROM-------------------------
Peter Davey            Component Architect
Prophecy International Pty Ltd.
41 Dequetteville Terrace, Kent Town,
Adelaide, S.Aust. 5067, Australia.
(email) peter.davey@prophecy-open.com.au
(voice)+618 8364 4411 ; (fax)+618 8364 4454

Re: Deploying Struts into J2EE RI

Posted by Mike Thompson <mr...@instanton.com>.
Just make sure that struts.jar is in your war file under WEB-INF\lib.

)