Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Daniel Kashtan <dj...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/25 16:04:06 UTC

Encryption scheme for Zookeeper

Hello,

I am sorry that I did not continue posting in my last thread. For some
reason it was not working when I made a response. I am new to mailing lists
and spoiled by stack overflow.

I successfully utilized Digest-MD5 authentication with Zookeeper using
SASL. This is great and now my Zookeeper server isn't wide open. My one
concern is that my communications to and from the server is not encrypted.
Since I am using Zookeeper 3.4, I have no option for encrypting my
messaging correct? If I upgrade to 3.5 can the SSL functionality be added
on top of what I already have with SASL?

--
-Daniel

Re: Encryption scheme for Zookeeper

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
Hi Daniel,

Yes, SSL is available in the 3.5 branch:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/ZooKeeper+SSL+User+Guide

-Flavio