Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Olgierd Eysymontt <o....@entelchile.net> on 2002/02/22 17:36:31 UTC

Serious problems with postgresql 7.1 schemes creation scripts

Hi,
    I have installed PostgreSQL 7.1 on a suse 7 linux system, the database is ok, I'm trying to install turbine 2.1 and I have a lot of problems with the scripts:

First, the catalina.sh script reports the next message:

server:/usr/local/turbine2.1/tdk # bash ./bin/catalina.sh run
: command not found
: command not found
: command not found
./bin/catalina.sh: line 93: syntax error near unexpected token `elif'
'/bin/catalina.sh: line 93: `elif [ "$1" = "embedded" ] ; then

(if I type ./bin/catalina.sh run, the system says that the file doesn't exist, so I have to use it like that)

I've able to run tomcat only using the small part of the script in the run target.

And besides this, the sql scripts don't work indicating a lot of parser errors, I've made a log file of the "ant init"  which I'm attaching to this email. The database creation was made manually because the script couldn't make it.

Any help will be very appeciated because I'm new to turbine and to linux too.

Thanks in advance

Olgierd Eysymontt

Re: Serious problems with postgresql 7.1 schemes creation scripts

Posted by Bartek Walter <Ba...@man.poznan.pl>.
Olgierd Eysymontt wrote:

> It seems there is an encoding requirement for using PostgreSQL 7.1, Which encoding should I have to use ? unicode ? Mule ?

I think you should convert EOL characters in the mentioned scripts from
Win to Linux ones.
In my opinion it has nothing to do with Postgresql itself, but simply
with command interpreters (sh and psql)

Bartek

Re: Serious problems with postgresql 7.1 schemes creation scripts

Posted by Olgierd Eysymontt <o....@entelchile.net>.
It seems there is an encoding requirement for using PostgreSQL 7.1, Which encoding should I have to use ? unicode ? Mule ?

Olgierd