Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Udo Butschinek <bu...@zimmer19.de> on 2007/12/13 14:51:14 UTC

Sending SOAP Requests through an HTTP Proxy ... continued

Hello alltogether,

I am having a special problem.

I am trying to send SOAP requests through an HTTP Proxy. For this purpose I set the "http.proxyHost" and "http.proxyPort" systemvariables by System.setProperty(). This basically works very fine.

Now my application (SOAP-Client) has to switch between using a proxy for sending SOAP requests to a server on the internet and sending the same data to a server in the intranet. In the latter case no proxy is used.

The problem is, that the Axis-Call-Class caches the data somewhere, so that always the first settings are used, so a switch is not possible.

This has been documented and mentioned by other users before:

http://marc.info/?l=axis-user&m=113698996700314&w=2

See solution seems to be here:

http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/AxisProxy

There it sais:

[QUOTE]
If you need the ability to reset proxy settings during runtime, i.e. without stopping/starting the JVM (e.g. after the proxy settings dialog of your application was edited and confirmed by a user), it is sufficient to add a public static method to TransportClientPropertiesFactory, that is just clearing its TransportClientProperties-cache. If it is possible to override the default TransportClientPropertiesFactory, by providing your custom factory

-Dorg.apache.axis.components.net.TransportClientPropertiesFactory=your.package.YourTCPropsFactory
this would be the preferable approach.
[/QUOTE]

To my somehow dull mind this means that I write a class MyTCPropsFactory. Register a System variable with key "org.apache.axis.components.net.TransportClientPropertiesFactory" where the value is MyTCPropsFactory.
My factory has a static method called whatever (? say: clearCache()).

Now the question:

1. What exactly has to be done in the public static method
2. How does Axis know which method to call and when is it called?

After hours of googling I could not find any concrete example of code where it is shown how to clear the cache.
I could not see another way than asking the apache-list directly.

Any help would highly be appreciated.

Yours desperately,
Udo Butschinek

Udo Butschinek, M.A.
Projektmanagement, Kommunikation

E-Mail    butsch@zimmer19.de
Internet  www.zimmer19.de

T    +49 (0) 211.  93 88 54 84
F    +49 (0) 211.  93 88 54 81

zimmer19 GbR
Hendrik Becker
Udo Butschinek
Nadja Iven
Markus Wendland

Zimmerstr. 19

D-40215 Düsseldorf
USt-IdNr.: DE814746933

Re: Sending SOAP Requests through an HTTP Proxy ... continued

Posted by muraligadela <mu...@yahoo.com>.
-Dorg.apache.axis.components.net.TransportClientPropertiesFactory=your.package.YourTCPropsFactory
I have written my TransportClientPropertiesFactory class and set the
parameter
"-Dorg.apache.axis.components.net.TransportClientPropertiesFactory=mypackage.myTransportClientPropertiesFactory"
as a VM argument to my simple java application. Even though this property is
set, AXIS 1.2 is still not using my transportclient properties factory. Do I
need to do anything else in order for Axis 1.2 engine to use my factory
instead of Axis transportclient properties factory class. Any help will be
much appreciated.

Thanks
Murali G

AW: Sending SOAP Requests through an HTTP Proxy ... continued

Posted by Udo Butschinek <bu...@zimmer19.de>.
Hi Martin,

I am using Axis 1.4

Best regards,
Butsch

Posted by Udo Butschinek <bu...@zimmer19.de>.
Maybe some information about the context I am working with is helpful:

I am using this in an standalone application. I am using:

- Axis 1.4
- Java 1.4

Best regards and many thanks

Posted by Antonio Manuel Muñiz Martín <am...@gmail.com>.