Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by eShard <zi...@yahoo.com> on 2013/11/01 16:38:08 UTC

Can I combine standardtokenizer with solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory?

Good morning,
Here's the issue:
I have and ID that consists of two letters and a number.
The whole user title looks like this: Lastname, Firstname (LA12345).
Now, with my current configuration, I can search for LA12345 and find the
user.
However, when I type in just the number I get zero results.
If I put a wildcard in (*12345) I find the correct record.
The problem is I changed that user title to use the
worddelimiterfitlerfactory and it seems to work.
However, I also copy that field into the text field which just uses the
standardtokenizer and I lose the ability to search for 12345 without a
wildcard.
My question is can (or should) I put the worddelimiterfactory in with the
standardtokenizer in the text field?
Or should I just use one or the other?
Thank you,

Re: Can I combine standardtokenizer with solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory?

Posted by Oussama Jilal <ji...@gmail.com>.
Yes you can and I don't see any reason why you should not

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@heliosearch.com>.
On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 11:38 AM, eShard <zi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have and ID that consists of two letters and a number.
> The whole user title looks like this: Lastname, Firstname (LA12345).
> Now, with my current configuration, I can search for LA12345 and find the
> user.
> However, when I type in just the number I get zero results.
> If I put a wildcard in (*12345) I find the correct record.
> The problem is I changed that user title to use the
> worddelimiterfitlerfactory and it seems to work.
> However, I also copy that field into the text field which just uses the
> standardtokenizer and I lose the ability to search for 12345 without a
> wildcard.
> My question is can (or should) I put the worddelimiterfactory in with the
> standardtokenizer in the text field?

copyField worlks before any analysis, so if you want the splitting
behavior on your "text" field, then you'll need to use the
WordDelimiterFilter there also.

-Yonik
http://heliosearch.com -- making solr shine