Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/10 13:54:51 UTC

Updates to Airavata Server Startup

A few updates to the standalone server startup [1],

   1. Start the server as a daemon when needed
      - eg: $./airavata-server.sh start
   2. Stop the server (daemon or otherwise)
      - eg: $./airavata-server.sh stop
   3. What servers to start are mentioned in the server properties file
   ("servers=<server1><server2>..."). The servers will start in the given order
      - eg: servers=apiserver,orchestrator
   4. Command line parameters of the form "--<arg-key>=<arg-value>" updates
   or overrides existing server configs.
      - eg: $./airavata-server.sh --servers=orchestrator
      --myproxy.user=ogce --myproxy.pass=mpass

TODO:

   1. Update the integration-test pom to start airavata server [2]
   2. The windows batch script needs to be updated.

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1045
2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1054

Re: Updates to Airavata Server Startup

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.
I managed to reproduce this when an experiment is launched by the server.
The stop command will not return until it detects that the servers have
being stopped. Seems some thread(s) could hogging the whole process causing
the server to get any process time to execute stop. I'm looking at this
issue at the moment.

Posted by Raminder Singh <rs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Saminda,

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.
Incase of any future implications that may lead to server not stopping, use
the following to forcefully stop the server.

$ ./airavata-server.sh stop --force

(basically the server will wait for the thrift servers to stop only for 3
seconds each and proceed to the System.exit(...))

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.
+1

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.
Nice work Lahiru.