Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Johannes Lipp <jo...@oks-software.com> on 2001/08/31 08:51:11 UTC

unable to register xerces-com.dll

Hi,

I'm a Xerces user, not a developer, and I have a problem with the COM
bindings for Xerces-C.
I couldn't find a mailing list 'Xerces-C User' analogous to 'Xerces-J User',
so I'm posting my question here.

I'm using the archive
http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/experimental/com/xerces-com-1_2_0.zip.

I'm working on Windows NT 4.0 with service pack 6.

I have written a Visual Basic program that uses Xerces through COM.
When my program is installed on a machine, the command line
regsvr32 xerces-com.dll
is executed to register the COM bindings.
On some machines, this gives me the error message (in german)

xerces-com.dll kann nicht geladen werden

The english translation is

xerces-com.dll cannot be loaded

I have checked that regsvr32 can find the xerces-com.dll (when I remove the
DLL, I get a different error from regsvr32).

Now my questions are:
Has anybody else encountered this problem too?
Do I need some DLLs in addition to those contained in xerces-com-1_2_0.zip?
Do I have to install a particular service pack for Windows NT?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Regards,
Johannes Lipp

OKS Software AG
Gottlieb-Daimler-Str. 15
D-71394 Kernen i.R.
Phone: +49 (7151) 947914
Fax: +49 (7151) 947915
E-Mail: johannes.lipp@oks-software.com
Web: www.oks-software.com

RE: unable to register xerces-com.dll

Posted by Erik Rydgren <er...@mandarinen.se>.
Sounds like the xerces_com dll is dependant on some other dll that it can't
find during load.
My guess is that xerces_com uses the xerces-c_1_5.dll or something like that
depending on what version you use of xerces. The xeces_com dll is only a com
wrapper for xerces.

Regards
Erik Rydgren
Mandarinen systems AB