Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/17 16:36:45 UTC

camel and business flows

Hi all,

what do you think about using camel for business flows? Is it a good idea or
other open source framework will do better (faster?)?

I ask it because technically i see how to do but i don't know if it is a
good idea because it is not the first goal of camel.

- Romain

Re: camel and business flows

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
thanks for these  answers.

- Romain

Re: camel and business flows

Posted by Richard Kettelerij <ri...@gmail.com>.

Re: camel and business flows

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I think the main difference between camel and a typical bpm engine are
human tasks.

Camel is a good choice for automated flows without human interaction.
BPM engines typically focus on integrating human tasks with automated tasks.
So it might in fact be a good idea to combine both.

Christian

--
----
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: camel and business flows

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Romain,

Re: camel and business flows

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Charles,

thanks for your answer,

i asked it just because i found the dynamic routing for example is a bit
slow compared to other technics (because it is very generic which is pretty
nice for integration routes :)).

Thanks again, i think i'll have a try and choose after but i'm more
confident now to use camel for such a purpose.

- Romain

Re: camel and business flows

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Romain,