Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Aa...@globaldatapoint.com on 2008/06/02 17:33:29 UTC

BooleanQuery Example

Hi,

I am new to Lucene, so asking some basic question.

Is there any example/reference implementation available of Lucene Usage
using BooleanQuery using API instead of QueryParser?

Cheers

Aamir Yaseen

This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. Global DataPoint Limited does not accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of Global DataPoint Limited. No contracts may be concluded on behalf of Global DataPoint Limited by means of e-mail communication. Global DataPoint Limited Registered in England and Wales with registered number 3739752 Registered Office Middlesex House, 34-42 Cleveland Street, London W1T 4LB

Re: BooleanQuery Example

Posted by Ian Lea <ia...@gmail.com>.
Hi

It's pretty straightforward.  Create a BooleanQuery and add other
queries to it e.g.

BooleanQuery bq = new BooleanQuery();
TermQuery tq = new TermQuery(new Term(k, v));
RangeQuery rq = new RangeQuery(new Term(k1, v0),
			       new Term(k1, v1),
			       true);
bq.add(tq, BooleanClause.Occur.MUST);
bq.add(rq, BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD);
searcher.search(bq, ...);

You can probably find other examples via Google or in the lucene unit
tests, or best of all, Lucene In Action section 3.4.

--
Ian.

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:23 AM,  <Aa...@globaldatapoint.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Sorry for bothering again,
>
> I am referring Lucene Documentation at
> http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/queryparsersyntax.html
> that suggests
>>> If you are programmatically generating a query string and then
> parsing it with the query parser then you >>should seriously consider
> building your queries directly with the query API. In other words, the
> query parser >>is designed for human-entered text, not for
> program-generated text.
>
> Is there any sample implementation of Lucene Implementation of
> BooleanQuery using API instead of QueryParser?
>

> Cheers
> Aamir Yaseen

RE: BooleanQuery Example

Posted by Aa...@globaldatapoint.com.