Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by indireddysankar <in...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/23 13:29:35 UTC

Jmeter support for functionality Testing.

Hi,
           I have been writing using Jmeter for the past one year for
Perfomance testing and simple functinality testing.
Now i have to automate all testcases for both doing regression and complex
functionality testing of my APP. I want a suggestion on how well Jmter
suitable for Aumation of my APP ( mostly consists of http hits, simple GUI,
server demon running, db data checking) .

  I am  familier with Jmeter rather Java ,JUnit or selenium tools.  It seems
for building complex functionality testing i need to learn bean shell
scripting.

Sugetions are welcome which way easy and faster

1. Learing Java and Junit Go aumation (may be more effort is needed to learn
and build and maintain the suit as well)

or

2. Learing bean shell scripting and more knowledge on Jmeter then Go
automation, if it supports complex functionality testing.

--
Indireddy SivaSankarReddy

Re: Jmeter support for functionality Testing.

Posted by chaitanya bhatt <bh...@gmail.com>.
Jmeter is not equipped/designed to play with DOMs(Document object model),
but Selenium is. Parsing a DOM and checking/validating DOM objects(such as
text box/drop down/combo box/radio buttons etc.) is critical to decide
whether a test case passed or failed. With Jmeter its just
get/post/put/head/delete methods and data associated with it can
validated/verified. I hope you got my point now.

>Can i test using selenium db data, demon running on AUT behaviors...?
I did not get your question.

And for further questions regarding Seleniun, I think Selenium forum is
a better place to get answers from.

-Chaitanya M Bhatt
http://www.performancecompetence.com

Posted by indireddysankar <in...@gmail.com>.