Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Scott Sanders <ss...@octane.com> on 2000/03/01 01:39:52 UTC

Xerces-C Multithreading

Pardon my ignorance, but I am trying to convince our development group to
use the Xerces-C parser instead of the Microsoft Parser in our future
projects.

I have been using Xerces-J in my own projects without a problem, but I do
not know C++.  I pointed one of our developers to the xml.apache.org site,
and he just turned up his nose saying that the parser is not thread-safe in
Windows and the documentation is in source code, and that is _unacceptable_.

I do not believe that is a good enough reason to dump Xerces, so my question
to you is Xerces-C thread-safe, and in which version?

Thank you
Scott Sanders