Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brian E Miller <be...@hingedmind.com> on 2006/01/27 15:16:52 UTC

[users@httpd] Alias and directory path

I have been looking at this for several days.  No matter how I configure,
I still get either "Object not found" or "Permission denied" depending on
the configuration.

You would think that this would be straight forward.  I have searched and
read and everything should be working.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Setup:

I want to call squirrelmail from the browser
http://www.hingedmind.com/mindmail

The actual path is /srv/www/htdocs/hingedmind/squirrelmail-1.4.5/src or
http://www.hingedmind.com/squirrelmail-1.4.5/src/index.php

The document root is /srv/www/htdocs/hingedmind (I should change this to
/srv/www/htdocs for virtual hosting).

Current configuration: I looked at the directives page and in particular
FollowSymLinks and it was enabled.

Alias /mindmail "/srv/www/htdocs/hingedmind/squirrelmail-1.4.5/src"

<Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/hingedmind/squirrelmail-1.4.5/src">

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
DirectoryIndex index.php redirect.php login.php
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>