Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/10 02:38:07 UTC

[CFP] Open Source Search Conference Oct 2, 2012

Sending this on behalf of my friends at BasisTech -

--------

Subject: Call for Presentations: Open Source Search Conference Oct. 2, 2012 (Chantilly, VA)

======================================
Call for Presentations & Save the Date
Open Source Search Conference Oct 2, 2012
(tutorials Oct. 1) in Chantilly, VA
http://www.basistech.com/conference/2012/oss/
======================================

The second annual Open Source Search Conference will be held on October 2, 2012 in Chantilly, VA, and you are invited to submit a presentation. The conference will be attended by government employees and contractors who are evaluating, building, or using Apache Solr and other open source tools for search applications throughout the government.

This event is a unique opportunity to share tips and ideas to overcome challenges working with open source search projects. We are also looking for people who are interested in providing half- and full-day tutorials on the day before the conference (October 1, 2012). The tutorials should provide hands-on guidance for using or developing open source search applications.
For more information, visit: http://www.basistech.com/conference/2012/oss/

==Dates==
Conference: October 2, 2012
Tutorials: October 1, 2012

==Submission Instructions==
Please email submissions for conference presentations and tutorials to oss2012@basistech.com by April 23, 2012.
To submit a presentation or tutorial, e-mail the following information:
1. Title
2. Author
3. Brief Biography
4. Description of presentation or tutorial (100-150 words)
5. Brief description of author’s experience with Apache Solr and/or other open source tools
6. Specify whether the presentation or tutorial is targeted towards users or developers

==Suggested Topics==
1. Large-scale Apache Solr
* Solr at exabyte scale
* High-load deployments
* Complex queries
2. Analytic interfaces
* Geospatial search
* Iterative Analytics using Solr (index reprocessing, etc.)
* Exploring and Discovering Big Data with Solr
* Linguistic plug-in use and development
* Document clustering (semantic, field collapsing, dynamic faceting)
* Language identification
* Search in a multilingual site
* Sentiment analysis
3. Text Mining
* Text analytics processing
* Entity extraction
* Name matching
4. Security
* Access control
* Index encryption
5.Case studies and user experiences
* Migrating to Solr from other search engines
* Other topics

==About the Conference==
The Open Source Search Conference is sponsored by Basis Technology, which has been producing government conferences since 2006 and focuses on topics including text analytics, human language technology, and the nexus of language, culture and technology for the federal community. For more information about our conferences, visit: http://www.basistech.com/conference.
Basis Technology provides software solutions for text analytics, information retrieval, and name resolution in over 40 languages. Our customers include leading software vendors, content providers, financial institutions, and government agencies in the defense and intelligence industry.