Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org> on 2011/05/20 01:02:57 UTC

Documentation Status

Hey folks,

The past couple of days I have used to bring the Admin docs in shape.
Both, the SDK's and the Admin Docs' Markdown is now in a state that
I believe, is ready for broader contribution. Even if the content is
not yet ready for broader consumption. None the less I would like to
see it published under http://ts.a.o/docs/(trunk|3.0), as soon as
possible.

The documentation can currently be found in
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/trafficserver/site/branches/ats-cms/
(in content) It's being auto deployed (svnpubsub) to
http://trafficserver.staging.apache.org/

Yesterday I started with the second pass: prove reading and fixing
passages that are either wrong (because we changed defaults, or
removed code) -- or are incomprehensible.

I will not give a prognosis how long it will take me to finish this
second pass. Instead I invite all developers and users equally to
do the same - with both, the Admin docs and the SDK docs. To avoid
collisions, please update the STATUS file, before starting a chapter:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/trafficserver/site/branches/ats-cms/content/docs/trunk/STATUS

If you do not see yourself fit enough a writer or editor, you might
still be well able to contribute to the Doxygen Documentation,
by expanding the source code with the appropriate comments:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?component=12313124
http://ci.apache.org/projects/trafficserver/trunk/doxygen/

If that is too much for you, you can annotate the text with comments:

<!-- XXX|FIXME|TODO: this paragraph needs clarification|must be
axed|doesn't make sense| is not true anymore|never was true|etc...
-->

If you really, really are not a writer type, wait for my next mail :)

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org