Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/09 17:49:04 UTC

Re: BSD/OS

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, David Reid wrote:

> This is what I get...
>
> www:~/httpd-2.0 $ make
> "/usr/home1/dreid/httpd-2.0/build/rules.mk", line 57: Need an operator
> "/usr/home1/dreid/httpd-2.0/build/rules.mk", line 255: Need an operator
> Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
>

> This after just cvs updating and doing ./buildconf;./configure;make

This is what you see if you rerun configure without doing a make distclean
first.  Reason: the "bsd_converted" flag file is left in the httpd-2.0
directory from the last time you ran configure, so build/bsd_makefile
thinks it's already converted build/*.mk, even though build/*.mk just got
rewritten by configure.  Remove bsd_converted and run build/bsd_makefile
by hand and you should be able to build that tree again, or you can start
with a fresh tree.  The solution to the problem is what Roy and I were
talking about, which is to nix all the build/bsd_makefile and
build/sysv_makefile stuff and just let configure do all the work.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA

Re: BSD/OS

Posted by David Reid <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>.
I have a solution that I'll post in a while. Just getting the final kinks
worked out.

david