Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org> on 2021/03/17 23:01:31 UTC

org.jetbrains.annotations does not exist

I'm trying to build in IntelliJ (funny enough) and getting these failures:

/Users/klund/dev/geode1/geode-core/src/main/java/org/apache/geode/internal/cache/tx/RemoteOperationMessage.java
Error:(25, 33) java: package org.jetbrains.annotations does not exist
Error:(299, 4) java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   class NotNull
  location: class org.apache.geode.internal.cache.tx.RemoteOperationMessage
/Users/klund/dev/geode1/geode-core/src/main/java/org/apache/geode/internal/cache/tier/sockets/SocketMessageWriter.java
Error:(25, 33) java: package org.jetbrains.annotations does not exist
Error:(39, 8) java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   class Nullable
  location: class
org.apache.geode.internal.cache.tier.sockets.SocketMessageWriter

Googling just has results saying that we need to add jetbrains annotations
to our build.

I can fully build on the command line, but IntelliJ refuses to build even
after refreshing the Gradle plugin and doing a clean rebuild.

Any ideas how to get my IntelliJ to build Geode with these jetbrains
annotations?

Thanks,
Kirk

Re: org.jetbrains.annotations does not exist

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.
File | Invalidate Caches / Restart... fixed it. I haven’t had to invalidate
caches for over a year and forgot all about it.

Thanks,
Kirk