Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Bhushan Uparkar -X (buparkar - The Armada Group, Inc. at Cisco)" <bu...@cisco.com> on 2006/03/02 05:41:18 UTC

Why axis need wsdl.properties file ?

Hello,

I am trying to deploy an web service application using axis on WebSphere
Application Server [5.0]. On WAS  we have enabled the security feature
which does few things like not allowing an application to listen to port
, also not allowing applications to read files from root directories as
well as installed directories.

My application gets deployed with no problems, but when I try to access
the wsdl for web service it throws the security exception like this,

Permission:

/opt/ibm/websphere/current/deploymentmanager/java/bin/../jre/lib/wsdl.pr
operties : access denied (java.io.FilePermission
/opt/ibm/websphere/current/deploymentmanager/java/bin/../jre/lib/wsdl.pr
operties read)

Code:

     org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter  in
{file:/opt/httpd/root/apps/em2es/ibm/cci-dev-ear/em2es.war/WEB-INF/lib/a
xis.jar}

My question is why axis needs to read this file ?  I was not able to
find any relevant document describing this though.
Any help on this matter highly appreciated.

Thanking you,
Bhushan