Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2013/03/05 17:42:45 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1452612 - /lucene/dev/trunk/solr/core/src/test/org/apache/solr/search/ReturnFieldsTe st.java

: Ugh though. I thought we were going to be stricter about enforcing field
: names to be 'Java identifier'-like characters only.  Why
: encourage/support # in a field name?  -0

There's a differnece between encouraging people to use java identifiers,
and demonstrating that some things work even if you don't.

This commit didn't add any code to Solr -- ReturnFields was changed a long
time ago to try parsing things multiple ways to fall back on looking for
more esoteric field names as a last resort.

All i did was add a test to increase the code coverage on ReturnFields to
verify & demonstrate that existing code actually worked.

If you guys feel strongly that tests like this shouldn't pass, you
should open Jira(s) proposing that these type of features be removed.
(But frankly that seems like a smack in the face to existing users).

It doens't make much sense to me to object to a commit that only increases
test coverage of existing code.

-Hoss

Re: svn commit: r1452612 - /lucene/dev/trunk/solr/core/src/test/org/apache/solr/search/ReturnFieldsTe st.java

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Nah, mostly I was just flying off the handle. I glanced at the title and
didn't look all that closely, so my bad....

Erick