Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by loproman <lo...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/17 21:13:17 UTC

Replicating Data Store

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply, it definitely clears a few things up for me. I like
your suggestion of a new Data Store. On a scale of 1-10, how difficult do
you think it would be?

I was thinking it would be a matter of launching a thread for each write
operation performed. There would have to be a database configured on the
second drive, but after the write completes the threads just join. This
would keep everything in sync as far as I can tell (with the exception of a
hardware error). This doesn't seem like a huge modification outside of
adding some configuration options and probably duplication of the schema to
the second drive on init.

Your thoughts?

Does jackrabbit support global transactions using Tomcat?

Posted by Jim Jones <jo...@trivantisdev.com>.
If so, how do you configure it? and which 3rd party transaction mgr
should you use?

I specifically want to rollback or commit a transaction that modifies1
or more workspaces and 1 or more non-jackrabbit databases.

If not, is there a plan to in the future?

Re: Replicating Data Store

Posted by Thomas Mueller <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> new Data Store. On a scale of 1-10, how difficult do you think it would be?

Not that difficult, maybe 5.

> I was thinking it would be a matter of launching a thread for each write
> operation performed.

I would do it like this:

while(true) {
  readBlock(4K);
  if(end) break;
  sendBlockOverNetworkAsynchronously();
  writeBlockToDisk(); // blocks
}
waitForNetwork(); // blocks

> There would have to be a database configured on the
> second drive,

Not when using the FileDataStore. There is currently no
DatabaseDataStore (but probably somebody will write one).

Thomas