Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> on 2012/10/18 18:55:50 UTC

[User Docs][Calc] Question on fill series Command

Greetings all;

When reviewing the Chapter on Calc or the Getting Started Guide I tried
a operation that appears should have worked but didn't. I tried
selecting all sheets and then doing a fill series to start from 1 and
end at 7 with an increment of 1. This should have put the series in the
same cells on all sheets and did not. It only put it on sheet 1 which is
where I was working. Doing a ill series and specifying it as text worked
fine.

As I do not have a version older than 3.4.1 on my system; my question is
if this ever worked or is it indeed not supposed to? If it is not I will
put a note to that effect in the Chapter. I it is supposed to I will
file a bug.

Regards
Keith

Re: [User Docs][Calc] Question on fill series Command

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
johnny smith wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 22:12:28 -0000, Keith N. McKenna
> <ke...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> That is interesting. I am using AOO 3.4.1 on windows XP. It could be
>> something with my system. It is getting a little long in the tooth, but
>> I can't really afford to upgrade to a new machine right now. Besides, I
>> LIKE my little Toshiba Tablet PC. :o)
>>
>> On my XP system all tabs turn white when they are selected instead of
>> the darker colour of the active tag.
>
> exactly the same with my xp installation, hence that seems typical for
> that os. the apis have probably changed without a notice, which is a
> usual practice for ms. however, the issue doesn't look too evil.
Johnny;

The only reason that I even thought to try it was because the section o
the manual for describing how to Add to more than one sheet happened to
come right after the section on using fill Series. Figured I could kill
two birds with one stoneand check two series o commands in one step. I
suspect it has been that way since for a while and nobody has screamed
to loudly. Thanks for the confirmation that it appears to be an OS thing.

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Hi Martin;

That is interesting. I am using AOO 3.4.1 on windows XP. It could be
something with my system. It is getting a little long in the tooth, but
I can't really afford to upgrade to a new machine right now. Besides, I
LIKE my little Toshiba Tablet PC. :o)

On my XP system all tabs turn white when they are selected instead of
the darker colour of the active tag.

Thank you for the information. For know I will leave it as is.

Regards
Keith

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
Hi Keith,