Posted to photark-dev@incubator.apache.org by Suhothayan Sriskandarajah <su...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/08 20:01:21 UTC

Ideas for Google Summer of Code 2011

Hi,

PhotArk had a great GSoC last year with the successful completion of three
Gsoc projects[1]. I believe GSoC 2011 will also provide new ideas and great
opportunities for the improvement of PhotArk. If you have any suitable
project ideas for PhotArk, we encourage you to propose them here.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PHOTARKxWIKI/Google+Summer+of+Code+2010+Applications

Regards
Suho

Re: Ideas for Google Summer of Code 2011

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 4:14 AM, Avdhesh Yadav <av...@avdheshyadav.com> wrote:
> I think you guys more elaborate your ideas and post them to PhotArk wiki and
> we can then discuss those ideas and refine them.
> I am happy to be mentor.

+1, and here is the link:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PHOTARKxWIKI/Google+Summer+of+Code+2010+Applications

Also, I'd recommend expanding, discussing the ideas and even starting
to hack at it before GSoC really starts, as this increases the chances
of having the projects approved.

Anyway, we are glad to have you guys around, and let us know if you
have any questions.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Ideas for Google Summer of Code 2011

Posted by Avdhesh Yadav <av...@avdheshyadav.com>.

--
Avdhesh Yadav
http://www.avdheshyadav.com

RE: Ideas for Google Summer of Code 2011

Posted by Sinthuja Rajendran <r2...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Umashanthi Pavalanathan <um...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 1:31 AM, Suhothayan Sriskandarajah <
suhothayan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> PhotArk had a great GSoC last year with the successful completion of three
> Gsoc projects[1]. I believe GSoC 2011 will also provide new ideas and great
> opportunities for the improvement of PhotArk. If you have any suitable
> project ideas for PhotArk, we encourage you to propose them here.

Google has announced the program for year 2011 [1] and PhotArk team is
working on the road map. I believe PhotArk will be applying for summer of
code this time, continuing the success last year. As being discussed in
another thread [2], integrating more social features into PhotArk will be a
good project idea, in my opinion. I would like to start work on this idea
and continue as a summer of code project. I believe Luciano or some other
developer would like to mentor this project.

I would like to hear your thoughts regarding this and about the procedures
to propose the project idea. Also I will be glad to hear any other project
ideas.

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/program/home/google/gsoc2011
[2]
http://www.mail-archive.com/photark-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg01141.html