Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Charles Monteiro <ch...@nycsmalltalk.org> on 2013/03/08 20:08:23 UTC

MessagePack for ActionScript ?

Hi, I suspect that this may be inappropriate but it sure seems like it
would be applicable to my continued development in Apache Flex i.e. I want
a compressed way to talk to my backend. Currently, I do rely on json which
is widely supported. MessagePack i.e. basically compressed json, has quite
a number of implementations including Ruby which I need and there's even an
implementation for GO, unfortunately AS is not in the list.

thanks, any thoughts / comments appreciated.
--
Charles

Re: MessagePack for ActionScript ?

Posted by Charles Monteiro <ch...@nycsmalltalk.org>.
I'll check out the AMF option for those scenarios that are Flex client to
Ruby/Sinatra which are probably the majority but as I  mentioned I do have
C programs that need to be hooked up as well, thanks

--
Charles A. Monteiro
www.monteirosfusion.com

Re: MessagePack for ActionScript ?

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

> Hi, I suspect that this may be inappropriate but it sure seems like it
> would be applicable to my continued development in Apache Flex i.e. I want
> a compressed way to talk to my backend.

Have you looked at BlazeDS or Granite Data Services?

Justin

Re: MessagePack for ActionScript ?

Posted by Charles Monteiro <ch...@gmail.com>.
thanks, that's cool , the only snag is that we have some C based client
programs, so essentially I'm trying to find a common denominator, checking
out bson c lib as well

--
Charles A. Monteiro
www.monteirosfusion.com