Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com> on 2012/11/28 18:40:48 UTC

[Falcon] build not finding playerglobal.swc

Hi,

I had to reformat my computer, thus reinstall and build all the apache
flex libraries.

I have done everything I did in the last run, when I tried to build
the falcon compiler after I built the sdk I got;

Could not find file
...\svn\apache\flex\falcon\trunk\compiler\generated\dist\sdk\frameworks\libs\player\11.1\playerglobal.swc to
copy.

Did something change where the sdk build does not copy that file
anymore? If so, how do we change the build of falcon to find it
correctly?

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com

RE: [Falcon] build not finding playerglobal.swc

Posted by Gordon Smith <go...@adobe.com>.
Sorry, I didn't make Falcon use an env.properties file. (I'm in the habit of running a setup script that sets my environment variables.) Making it do so would be a nice enhancement.

- Gordon

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 11/28/12 11:35 AM, "Carol Frampton" <cf...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 11/28/12 2 :14PM, "Michael Schmalle" <ap...@teotigraphix.com> wrote:
>
>> Right,
>>
>> I think I see the problem now, I put JAVA_HOME, ANT_HOME as windows
>> env vars (in the begining) but set PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME in the
>> env.properties file. So it's not using the properties file during the
>> compiler build.
>
> That might be considered a bug.  env.properties needs to be in the
> classpath.  I don't think that file is being copied over when the compiler
> build.xml copies the rest of the sdk files.

I also am not sure why the SDK gets copied, but if is just to build
support.swc, that is temporary.  We will fold the code in support.swc into
the SDK shortly.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [Falcon] build not finding playerglobal.swc

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.
Right,

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.
Carol,

Let's rewind the tape, I'm having one of those days.

I don't want to dirty my source tree, I just want to build the
compiler. What step am I missing from reading the README in the
compiler project?

 From what I am reading it says nothing about where or how to target the sdk.

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I think you always did need to run the installer (or the old scripts that
Carol had) or else you had "polluted" your source tree enough to get it to
work.  If you were able to use the source tree in FB then you had already
doctored it up.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [Falcon] build not finding playerglobal.swc

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.
So does this mean I have to run the installer for it to work now?

I just tried adding the folder temporarily into the dist folder ,
reran the build and got;

set.support.swc.available:
support.swc:
      [echo] Building support.swc
     [compc] Loading configuration file
C:\Users\Mike\Documents\svn\apache\flex\falcon\trunk\compiler\generated\dist\sdk\frameworks\flex-config.xml
     [compc] Loading configuration file
C:\Users\Mike\Documents\svn\apache\flex\falcon\trunk\compiler\dist\flex\frameworks\projects\support\framework-config.xml
     [compc] Apache Flex compc (Component Compiler)
     [compc] Version 4.9.0 build 0
     [compc] Copyright 2012 The Apache Software Foundation.
     [compc]
C:\Users\Mike\Documents\svn\apache\flex\falcon\trunk\compiler\generated\dist\sdk\frameworks\flex-config.xml(65): Error: unable to open

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team