Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by John Summerfield <su...@os2.ami.com.au> on 2001/04/05 08:48:13 UTC

Re: time zones

> Thanks for the GMT suggestion. I'll make future announcements based on GMT.
>
> However, I gave all the data points necessary for people to figure out the
> time in their respective time zone. You could use a tool like the following
> to do a conversion:
>
> http://www.timezoneconverter.com/

If course, that's no help to those who've not heard of it. Or to people who, like
me, read mail offline, or like Rebekah who has email but not web access.

I actually could not work it out with the tools I had to hand; that's why I said
"clear as mud."

> Justyna

Thanks for taking it in good part; I had figured it didn't matter to me, but I do
like people to recognise there are people outside their own area (and especially
that there are people outside the US) who might not know these "established facts."

The other good thing to watch out for is date formats. Most people don't use the US
format, and for dates around now they can be ambiguous.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.