Posted to user@struts.apache.org by UncleLongHair <un...@tidd.cc> on 2008/06/12 22:44:51 UTC

RE: Two problems: Struts2 + https + file load and Struts2 + file load + java.lang.IllegalStateException: getOutputStream()

I was getting the "getOutputStream() has already been called for this
response" problem and figured out a solution.  In my case, I was able to
switch from getOutputStream() to getWriter() because I was dealing with text
files, and the error message stopped.

I think the error message is misleading, I think you can get it if either
getOutputStream() gets called more than once OR if both getOutputStream()
and getWriter() are called.  I wonder if the idea is to prevent both text
and binary data from being written into a response.

I understand that this might not help everyone, but I thought I'd offer it
up.  It might be worthwhile to look at the source for HttpServletResponse to
see the conditions under which the error is thrown.

Uncle

View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Two-problems%3A-Struts2-%2B-https-%2B-file-load-and-Struts2-%2B-file-load-%2B-java.lang.IllegalStateException%3A-getOutputStream%28%29-tp16832576p17809331.html