Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Moshe Kaplan <mo...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/29 19:10:54 UTC

Re: Last version 2.1.8-unstable Loops? and Google Summer of Code

Thanks Leif, it worked!

One last thing, my brother (CC to this email) consider participating in the
Google Summer of Code (
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2011).
Do you or any of the Traffic Server group consider to participate as a
mentor in this program?
If so who should he contact with to discuss possible project?

Best regards and thanks again,
Moshe Kaplan

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 03/29/2011 11:10 AM, Moshe Kaplan wrote:
> Thanks Leif, it worked!
>
> One last thing, my brother (CC to this email) consider participating in the
> Google Summer of Code (
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2011).
> Do you or any of the Traffic Server group consider to participate as a
> mentor in this program?
> If so who should he contact with to discuss possible project?

The best place is this mailing list.

As far as I know, it's not too late to add a project to the ASF list.
Your brother should let us know what his interests are, and what
complexity / scope project he's looking for. Working on the ATS core
would require C/C++ programming experience, and it can be quite a
challenge. Writing some interesting plugin would still require C/C++,
but is much easier to get going with. I'm sure we  could also consider
management type tools, e.g. integration with management tools, which
might require minimal C/C++ coding.

Cheers,

-- Leif