Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Geert Bormans <ge...@gbormans.telenet.be> on 2009/08/08 13:33:38 UTC

bug in marker processing?

Dear all,

I have hit something that seems to me a bug in FOP.

Is this a known bug?
And if yes, is there a known workaround?

I am listing columns with dictionary terms.
Terms can have long descriptions.
If a term continues to the next page, I need to add an arrow in the footer

This is my region after

       <fo:static-content flow-name="mt-region-after">
          <fo:block font-size="8pt" text-align-last="justify">
<fo:leader leader-pattern="space"/>
             <fo:page-number/>
             <fo:leader leader-pattern="space"/>
             <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="right-arrow"
retrieve-position="last-starting-within-page"/>
          </fo:block>
       </fo:static-content>

This is an excerpt of a term

          <fo:block padding-bottom="2mm">
             <fo:block>
                <fo:inline font-size="8pt" font-weight="bold">my
little term</fo:inline>
             </fo:block>
             <fo:block keep-with-previous="always">
                <fo:marker marker-class-name="this-term">my little
term</fo:marker>
                <fo:marker marker-class-name="right-arrow">?</fo:marker>
             </fo:block>
             <fo:list-block margin-left="3mm" space-before="0pt"
space-after="0pt">
                <fo:list-item>
                   <fo:list-item-label>
                      <fo:block line-height="1.0">
                         <fo:inline font-size="8pt">AA</fo:inline>
                      </fo:block>
                   </fo:list-item-label>
                   <fo:list-item-body start-indent="10mm">
                      <fo:block line-height="1.0">
                         <fo:inline font-size="8pt"
font-style="italic">aaaaa</fo:inline>
                      </fo:block>
                   </fo:list-item-body>
                </fo:list-item>
             </fo:list-block>
             <fo:list-block margin-left="3mm" space-before="0pt"
space-after="0pt">
                <fo:list-item>
                   <fo:list-item-label>
                      <fo:block line-height="1.0">
                         <fo:inline font-size="8pt">BB</fo:inline>
                      </fo:block>
                   </fo:list-item-label>
                   <fo:list-item-body start-indent="10mm">
                      <fo:block line-height="1.0">
                         <fo:inline font-size="8pt">bbbbbbbbb</fo:inline>
                      </fo:block>
                   </fo:list-item-body>
                </fo:list-item>
             </fo:list-block>
             <fo:block keep-with-previous="always">
                <fo:marker marker-class-name="right-arrow"/>
             </fo:block>
          </fo:block>

In my opinion, I make the marker empty when a term ends on a page
(see the keep-with-previous)

In Antenna House, this works.
In FOP, I get the arrows, always, which seems wrong to me.
any suggestions?

Thanks

Geert

Re: bug in marker processing?

Posted by Geert Bormans <ge...@gbormans.telenet.be>.
Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your answer.

I am happy this is a recognised bug, so I don't need to look further.

I can't use trunk, since I need to install this with a customer,
and "trunk" is not considered "stabile"

I will try your suggestion of making the marker not empty but invisible.
Thank you very much for that suggestion

cheers

Geert

Re: bug in marker processing?