Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Li Bing <bi...@asu.edu> on 2002/04/02 10:21:55 UTC

How to Use Java2Wsdl to Generate All the WSDL Files

Dear all,

I just downloaded IBM WSTK-3.0. There is a module called wsldgen.sh. But it is deprecated. I should use Java2Wsdl instead.

However I can use the following command to generate a WSDL file. It seems to be the service interface file. As I learned, wsdlgen.sh is able to generate three files, a deployment descriptor, a service file and a service interface file. How can I use Java2Wsdl to create other two WSDL files?

Thanks so much,
Li Bing

IBM UDDI Registry Installation

Posted by Li Bing <bi...@asu.edu>.
Dear Mark,

Thanks so much for your help! You have given me many good ideas!

Have you ever installed IBM UDDI Registry on your local machine? I tried it right now. I have installed IBM HTTP Server 1.3.19, DB2 7.1, IBM WebSphere Application Server 4.2 and Netscape 6.1 successfully. All the above softwares are prerequisites. After that, I tried to install IBMWebSphere-UDDI-1.1.0-0.i386.rpm. But I got errors. The following list is the errors I got. Wish you could help me figure out the problem.

One possible problem is that I don't know the meaning of "nodename of the node within WebSphere Application Server you wish to install UDDI to". Do you have any ideas?

[root@enpc1932 WebSphereUDDI]# rpm -i IBMWebSphere-UDDI-1.1.0-0.i386.rpm
UDDI Install options:

WAS Install dir
 : /opt/WebSphere/AppServer
WAS Nodename
 : enpc1932
UDDI dir
 : /opt/WebSphere/UDDIReg
Database Type
 : DB2
DB2 Install dir
 : /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1
DB2 User ID
 : db2inst1
DB2 Password
 : ibmdb2

Are these values ok? [Y/n]  : n

Please edit the values as required, return selects [default] option.
WAS Install dir  [/opt/WebSphere/AppServer] : /usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer
WAS Nodename  [enpc1932] : /usr/local/WebSphere/UDDIReg
UDDI dir  [/opt/WebSphere/UDDIReg] : /usr/local/WebSphere/UDDIReg
DB2 Install dir  [/usr/IBMdb2/V7.1] :
DB2 User ID  [db2inst1] :
DB2 Password  [ibmdb2] : 111111

UDDI Install options:

WAS Install dir
 : /usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer
WAS Nodename
 : /usr/local/WebSphere/UDDIReg
UDDI dir
 : /usr/local/WebSphere/UDDIReg
Database Type
 : DB2
DB2 Install dir
 : /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1
DB2 User ID
 : db2inst1
DB2 Password
 : 111111

Are these values ok? [Y/n]  : Y
Unable to find WAS at selected location.

Installing UDDI with selected options...
- Creating UDDI DB2 Database.
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.68061: cd: /usr/local/WebSphere/UDDIReg/install/db2uddi: No such file or directory
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.68061: ./UDDIloadDB.sh: No such file or directory
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.68061: cd: /usr/local/WebSphere/UDDIReg/install/: No such file or directory

- Installing Messages.
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.68061: /usr/local/WebSphere/UDDIReg/logs/UDDIinstallMSGS.log: No such file or directory
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.68061: /usr/local/WebSphere/UDDIReg/logs/UDDIinstallMSGS.log: No such file or directory
- Done.
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.68061: /usr/local/WebSphere/UDDIReg/logs/UDDIinstallMSGS.log: No such file or directory
To complete installation with WAS AEd, refer to the readme file.

All Done.
[root@enpc1932 WebSphereUDDI]#

Posted by Mark Volkmann <vo...@charter.net>.