Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eric Wulff <ew...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/27 05:17:34 UTC

full binary vs light

A book entitled "Tomcat", by Martin Bond and Debbie Law, recommends
that one download one of two tomcat versions; standard/full binary or
lightweight binary based on your jdk.  Per this advice, I have
j2sdk1.4..., I want the lightweight binary in order to take advantage
of that.  However, I found no choice for binary installs based on a
standard/full binary or a lightweight binary, no reference to this in
the docs, via google or faqs.  Perhaps this advise is out of date
considering the book was published 2003 and referring to Tomcat 4.
Can someone point me to update info regarding of this advice?

thx
Eric

Re: full binary vs light

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
The difference in file size isn't worth the bother.  Just download the full
version and be done.  You will only run into problems with the JDK1.4
"lightweight" version.  I'm not going into what those problems are.  Look
in the archives if you want to know.

Jake